Happy 1st of October! In order to celebrate the arrival of the best month of the year (ok a little biased because it's my birthday month) I thought I'd share this amazing pumpkin spice muffin recipe. I'm a tad obsessed with all things pumpkin related & these muffins are so yummy. Especially in the morning served up with coffee! So here it is:
1.5 cups of flour
1.25 cups of sugar
1 can of pumpkin (I bought mine at Waitrose)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
Pumpkin pie spice (combo of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg & all spice - I used a small tsp of each)
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
Equipment - Muffin tray, muffin liners, wooden pick, 3 bowls, whisk.
1. Put oven on at 160C and line the muffin tray with liners
2. Whisk together flour and baking powder in a bowl
3. In a separate bowl whisk together pumpkin, veg oil, pumpkin spice, sugar, baking soda and salt until smooth.
4. Next add the flour and whisk until the mixtures are combined.
5. In a small bowl add 1tbsp of sugar and 1tbsp of cinnamon and mix.
6. Divide batter among muffin cups 3/4 full. Then sprinkle the cinnamon & sugar mix on top. Bake for 20 - 25 mins or until golden brown and a wooden pick comes out clean.
7. When cooked let them cool on a rack. Enjoy!